The Corpse In The Cactus*
Am spending the day with Mr Fluffypants. Have been here since 8am. Would never ever jump out of bed at 6.30am for actual paid work, but just the thought of cuddling this person is enough to get me up. And Uber helps, of course. Am turning into quite the devotee of the sharing economy: Uber, Borrow My Doggy…
It’s sunny out there and the sky is blue, but we’re holed up in his sitting room on the sofa, watching Bloodline. We’re on episode 11 and now am hoping that his owners are home a bit late so can finish the series.
4.08pm. Don’t know where the day has gone. Mr Fluffypants dozes on the sofa:
5.21pm. Back at the flat. Suzie is coming over, which is great. Looking around the kitchen, observe that need to:
1. Wash up utensils in sink.
2. Wipe kitchen surfaces and table. Again. Am attempting to keep-on-top-of-cleanliness-in-flat, ever since Mum got shouty about this.
3. Put away pans etc that are filling draining board at present. Their presence means that there’s nowhere for those in the sink to sit if they ever get cleaned.
3. Rustle up supper. Have purchased some mushroom pasta parcels so just need a sauce and a salad.
4. Find brush from dustpan-and-brush to sweep up nyger seeds that are all over floor. Important thing is that goldfinches have food, of course, but opening the new packet has Made A Mess.
On the plus side: one of the Christmas cacti is in bloom. Look:
Right. Have to get going with these things.
Happy Monday everyone!
*2015. By Lonni Lees. A Maggie Reardon mystery, set in Tucson, Arizona.