Another bad night last night of hot flushes and disturbed sleep, but make it to The Office. Manage a morning of Important Work and then dash out for a lunchtime walk when the rain stops.
All the trees and flowers glisten with rain. Have a bad tummy ache, but walk for a bit before collapsing into a cafe where am writing this. From Me To You is playing, which is nice and cheerful. Am sitting next to the panther on a battered brown sofa next to an open window, so it’s not too hot, which is good.
Right, let’s make a list of things that aren’t terrible:
1. Have an artichoke waiting at home for this evening.
2. Going to Queens with Mum on Wednesday for the tennis. Am excited.
3. Still have a tiny bit of a sun tan.
4. Think mood has been low for two months now, so there can’t be more than another two months of feeling this miserable.
5. ECG on Friday and after that can start new drug – hopefully – which may help.
6. Seeing my plastic surgeon on Thursday and he always cheers me up.
7. A turquoise taxi has just driven past.
8. There is plenty more of Euro 2016 to come, including Belgium vs Italy (I think) this evening.
9. Despite the panther, am managing to do most of my activities.
10. The beautiful rose in the photo lives near The Office.
Right: had better return to my Important Work…
Happy Monday everyone!
*2000. By Martin Cruz Smith. Mystery novel.