Watching Gordon Reid in the wheelchair tennis who is a set up and 4 – 1 up in the second. The panther lies on the sofa next to me, head resting on his front paws, watching the ball bounce back and forth with his amber eyes.
Gordon breaks. 5 – 1. He’s serving for the match but is 0 – 30 down. Come on Gordon! 15 – 30. Oh no! The Frenchman has break points: 15 – 40. He gets the break: 2 – 5.
Suddenly Gordon has three match points on the Frenchman’s serve. He hits one into the net but hits the second past the Frenchman to win the match. Amazingly well done Gordon! He takes the match 7 – 5, 6 – 2.
Achievements of the day include:
1. Push self hard at Spin – see attached photo.
2. Watch The Final Problem with Mum and have a little cry when Sherlock Holmes disappears, presumed dead.
3. Body Scan meditation and afternoon sleep.
4. Finish The Spoilt City by Olivia Manning. Now am going to read the new Philippa Gregory: Three Sisters, Three Queens. Am looking forward to it. During chemotherapy, Philippa Gregory was pretty much the only author I could read as her books are so gripping, absorbing and different from my life. This one is about the relationship between Katherine of Aragon and Henry VIII’s sisters Margaret and Mary.
5. Walk up to the cows. Here they are:
7. Cuddle the fluffy monster and pick some grass seeds out of his coat.
Happy Wednesday everyone!
*1988. By Thomas Harris. Psychological horror thriller. Contains fava beans…