It’s been Two Months since I last had an alcoholic drink. Well done me. This is how I’ve done it:
1. Librium in hospital to deal with any physical addiction.
2. Clonazepam once I’d finished the Librium to deal with any anxiety from alcohol withdrawal. Am still taking the clonazepam.
3. Going to bed after supper: usually at 8/8.30pm, so there’s no long alcohol-free evening to fill.
4. Having drinks that I like: Diet Coke, Lemon squash with fizzy water, coffee, hot chocolate, coffee mixed with hot chocolate.
5. Spin or weights every morning.
6. One or two walks per day.
7. Body Scan meditatation and, if possible, sleep after lunch.
8. Body Scan meditation again at bedtime.
9. Have avoided bars and parties where know that people will be drinking.
10. Although restaurants and pubs have been OK. Can deal with people drinking around me whilst eating: it’s just am avoiding events focused on drinking.
11. The parentals haven’t been drinking in front of me.
12. Have been staying at the parentals most of the time so am not on own.
13. Plenty of cuddles with the fluffy monster.
14. Midsomer Murders.
Anyway: it’s still early days but has been easier than I thought it would be. My physical addiction must’ve been dealt with by the Librium in hospital. Am still pleased with myself for sticking with it. Have lost a bit of weight: my appetite has shrunk and I’m no longer consuming all those empty alcohol calories. Just waiting for the panther to go away now…
The attached photo is today’s Spin outfit.
Happy Monday everyone!
*1945. By Agatha Christie. Detective novel featuring Colonel Race.