Pulling my coat and scarf on over my sleepwear, I step outside. The sun has set and it’s cold in the gloom and fog. Really don’t feel like walking, I think, as I begin my double-trudge-around-the-block. Passing cars have their headlights on. The panther stalks beside me – blending into the darkness, his amber eyes glowing.
As I place one foot in front of the other and repeat again and again, I start to feel better. The bracing air hits my lungs and quietens the wren of anxiety. Her wings stop beating in my stomach. She falls asleep.
It’s Sleepy Hollow weather out here: mist and fog. Passing some horse poo, I keep my eyes peeled for a headless horseman and listen for the clattering of hooves.
Achievements of the day:
1. Push self quite hard at Spin. Show you:
2. Find the fluffy monster standing in the middle of the road. Pick him up, carry him inside and give him some more Breakfast.
3. Wash self and Spin clothes and hang them over the edge of the bath to dry.
4. Body Scan meditation and sleep.
5. Double walk around the block: 30 minutes.
Have a Midsomer Murders recorded to watch. Must just have a look for that fluffy monster though: it’s dark now and can hear fireworks and he’s outside.
Happy Sunday everyone!
*1999. Feature film directed by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci, Miranda Richardson and Michael Gambon. Based on Washington Irving’s The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Screenplay by Andrew Kevin Walker.