So, the relationship with New Boy was valuable because:
- It showed me that can have a relationship with someone who isn’t Seb and I don’t have to die alone and be eaten by the Fluffy Monster.
- Am not a necrophiliac serial killer – things could be worse.
- There are plenty more boys – something I used to tell my first boyfriend whenever we argued. Before he broke up with me for being too demanding or whatever – can’t even remember now why he broke up with me – it was seventeen years ago.
- It was nice to be fancied by someone who was young and enthusiastic.
- And didn’t want to be celibate.
- Or a monk.
- As my best blogging friend Back In Stilletos says “I choose love.”
- There will be more love.
- Am making sure of this – dragging self back to Tinder.
- There are always more boys in the street too.
- Even if never have another relationship, still have my fluffy monster.
- And knitting.
- And Spin.
- And weights.
- New Boy wasn’t my usual type so maybe that is progress?
- And Well Done Me for attracting a 23 year old.
- He has inspired me to write lots of poems.
- Or maybe that is due to listening to so much Leonard Cohen.
- Whatever the reason am pleased with my new found drive to produce poetry.
- Some of the poems are quite good.
- Not deterred by the rejection of the first couple, submitted two more poems to the website run by my old Creative Writing MA.
- A male chum has consented to view Fifty Shades Darker with me on V Day!
- Have booked seats at my favourite cinema.
Push self hard today at Spin today. Here is graph:
The attached photo is Spin outfit with The Boss and today’s instructor.
Tomorrow is first walk with new Flat Coated Retriever client. Excited!
Happy Thursday everyone!
*2007. Song by Britney Spears. Appears on her brilliant 2007 album Blackout.