Achievements Of The Day:
- Visit the site of Zippori where we see Roman villas with some wonderful mosaics and an amphitheatre. Here are some huge cacti who live there:
- Rare photos with brother in the Roman amphitheatre. See also attached photo:
- The amphitheatre from above:
- Part of the Nile mosaic. Look at the lion catching his lunch:
- Here is an Amazon:
- And a soldier:
- Here is a centaur:
- We have lunch at the Arab settlement of Ein Hud. They keep bringing out more and more food – too much really. This person is there:
- Then we attend a pottery workshop in Ein Hod run by one of brother’s chums. It involves attempting-to-make-a-bowl-on-a-wheel. My one falls apart so there are no photos.
- Now am back in bed writing this.
- It was meant to be bad weather all day but this morning, when we’re walking around the excavations, it’s warm and sunny.
- It’s still sunny now.
- Maybe will have a shower before supper.
Happy Friday everyone!
*2008. By Steven Saylor. The thirteenth book in his series of Roma Sub Rosa series of mystery stories set in the final days of the Roman republic, starring the sleuth Gordianus the Finder.