There’s no Spin today as the studio is closed for Staff Training. So walk down to the station with Dad and the panther, aiming to catch the train to my gym so can lift some weights. When we arrive, all the trains have been cancelled due to a fault on the line. So trudge home, despondent.
“Ah, you can come out for a walk with me,” Mum says, grinning, when I arrive home. “Five minutes.”
Mum has got me a Present: a rainbow-leopard-print top. Can never have enough rainbow leopard print clothes. So I put it on – see attached photo.
We go for a walk with Mum’s tennis partner and her Labrador. It is a hardcore walk: over an hour across fields and so on. Am exhausted when we return, but has been nice going for a proper country walk with an actual dog person.
Achievements of the day:
1. Walk to and from station – 20 minutes. See my silver Standard Poodle chum and we have a cuddle. He is so soft and fluffy.
2. Walk around fields with Mum, Mum’s tennis partner and Labrador: 60 minutes.
3. Body Scan meditation but can’t sleep.
4. Double walk around the block: 30 minutes.
5. Sit in the garden in the sunshine with Mum and the fluffy monster.
Now am back in bed writing this and sipping a Diet Coke. Had better have a bath before supper but am exhausted after all that walking.
Happy Friday everyone!
*2012. By R.M. Vassari. Murder mystery novel set in 13th century Sicily.